[tei-council] Guidelines description of <fw>

Conal Tuohy conal.tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Nov 8 22:38:22 EST 2007

Hi Dot!

I agree, and your post reminds me of something I pondered the other day,
which related to the recent discussion on TEI-L about how to encode an
editor with multiple roles. Brett Zamir wanted:

<editor role="foo bar baz">Brett Zamir</editor>

Lou pointed out that this was already possible with:

<respStmt>
   <resp>foo</resp>
   <resp>bar</resp>
   <resp>baz</resp>
   <name>Brett Zamir</name>
<respStmt>

It struck me that this encoding may not have occurred to Brett because
it violates the naive assumption that textual content always represents
stuff in the source (i.e. the theory that stripping out all markup
creates a plain text transcription).

Or should Brett's bibliography actually be marked up like so?

<respStmt>
   <name>Brett Zamir</name>
<respStmt>

Apologies if this is a silly question ... Friday afternoon and all
that. :-)

--
Conal Tuohy
New Zealand Electronic Text Centre