[tei-council] next release

Conal Tuohy conal.tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Nov 8 19:22:40 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 08:51 +0000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> > This is my stance as well, and this is why I still think a yearly
> > release cycle is reasonable.  One other reason for this is that with
> > our new extension system, people do not have to wait until we update
> > the schemas, they can immediately add it to theirs and be done with it.
> well, that's possibly being hopeful. taking a change in the source
> on Sourceforge and working out what you have to do in your local
> ODD is not a trivial matter, perhaps. It also puts you out of
> conformance in the interim, which is not a good state of mind
> to encourage.

They can at least be "algorithmically conformant", or "conformable",
which isn't quite so evil, is it?

If they've added a custom feature, and the same or equivalent feature is
later added to the official spec, then they can just remove their ODD
customisation, wave a magic algorithmic conformance wand at their
instance documents, and be done with it.

--
Conal Tuohy
New Zealand Electronic Text Centre