[tei-council] tei-council meta information?

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 7 14:56:51 EST 2007

David Sewell wrote:
> As it looks like newly elected members of TEI Council have been added to
> the list, could one of the old hands maybe post a brief note about
> customary conventions for use of the list, or anything else we might
> need to know? Quicktime movie of the secret handshake, etc.?

I think we use the usual conventions of rapid
back-biting, unfair innuendo and unjustified
assertions :-}

Seriously, the method of working for the council
is likely to be different next year; from this
time last year onwards, there was a fixed deadline
and count-down to the release, and a long list of
tasks to do; before that, there were several years where
the real action was in work groups. We now have a chance
to rethink  how we work.

This last year we used Trac to manage tasks, not entirely
successfully, and we must rapidly decide whether this
is to be the ongoing tool of choice, or whether
we should use Sourceforge entirely, or adopt
something else.

> (And technically the new members should just lurk until January 2008, or
> not?)

join in, I'd say.