[tei-council] next release

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Wed Nov 7 09:13:01 EST 2007

> > Why would we limit ourselves to prose only?

> to minimize the work involved, and to avoid temptation of "oh, what
> the hell lets just slip in @who on <quote>, no-one will be
> affected".

Why would we want to avoid that temptation? Rather, we should feel
the pressure to discuss and decide about who= on <quote> now for the
2008-01-01 release, rather than 2008-10-01.

> At the MM, I overheard talk in the MS Sig like "we just need a few
> things fixed in the schema". My reaction is to say "The next bugfix
> release is on 1st April 2008, the next feature release is on
> October 1st 2008. All proposals have be have been submitted a month
> ahead for bugfix release, and 3 months ahead for feature release".

While I think the 1-month and 3-month prior to release deadlines are
reasonable (if a bit large), I cannot imagine why we would want to
make people wait 11 months to get who= on <quote>. Note, also, that
there will be those requests that are not clearly bug-fix or feature,
but rather in the fuzzy zone between.