[tei-council] how to release errata, versions etc

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 7 04:07:11 EST 2007

Christian Wittern wrote:
> I am not so sure the branching is a useful approach.  Do we envision
> releasing further maintenance releases of the stable 1.0x branch
> beyond Jan2008?  Once we produced the PDF (and book?!), this surely
> does not make a lot of sense.
I find myself out on a limb here. It seems obvious to me that

  a) we should not just update the live version, but should make formal
releases
  b) we should distinguish wordsmithing changes fron substantive changes

but if thats not the majority view, fine, bang out a release whenever.
>   On the other hand, if we are just talking about 2-3 months, it is
> not really worth the trouble.  In the long run, it will be difficult
> to keep track of two different branches, me thinks.
thats why we have Subversion. its the way its supposed to work.....

--
Sebastian Rahtz