[tei-council] how to release errata, versions etc

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Tue Nov 6 22:49:08 EST 2007

> Do we envision releasing further maintenance releases of the stable
> 1.0x branch beyond Jan2008?

I certainly hope so. We will be finding small corrigible errors for
years to come.

> Once we produced the PDF (and book?!),
> this surely does not make a lot of sense. On the other hand, if we
> are just talking about 2-3 months, it is not really worth the
> trouble. In the long run, it will be difficult to keep track of two
> different branches, me thinks.

> > I am proposing that we start thinking about this as "P5 release
> > 1.0", "P5 release 1.0.1" etc. so "P5" is the name of the
> > deliverable, not the version number.
> I thought we already agreed on this, no?

That is what we decided, but not what we did. The default for
version= is "5.0", and its datatype is xsd:decimal.