[tei-council] how to release errata, versions etc

Christian Wittern cwittern at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 19:29:53 EST 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> How about this for a plan:
>
>   a) we start a new branch of the source, preparing for release 1.1.
>       this will contain schema extensions and fixes. release date
>       undefined.
>
>    b) we commit text-correction and translation fixes to the main
>       trunk now, and prepare to release that as 1.0.1 at the same time
>       as we produce PDF (ie roughly 1st January 2008).

I am not so sure the branching is a useful approach.  Do we envision
releasing further maintenance releases of the stable 1.0x branch beyond
Jan2008?  Once we produced the PDF (and book?!), this surely does not
make a lot of sense.  On the other hand, if we are just talking about
2-3 months, it is not really worth the trouble.  In the long run, it
will be difficult to keep track of two different branches, me thinks.
> I am proposing that we start thinking about this as "P5 release 1.0",
> "P5 release 1.0.1" etc. so "P5" is the name of the deliverable, not
> the version number.

I thought we already agreed on this, no?

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern