[tei-council] First Draft Press Release (for immediate comment, please)

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Tue Nov 6 18:06:03 EST 2007

I'm a little uncomfortable with the first paragraph. "XML standard"
reads way too much like "the XML standard", i.e., the W3C
specification, for the sentence to be correctly parsed easily. I'd
also shy away from the identifier "P5", and use the title first.

  The Text Encoding Initiative Consortium announces the release of a
  major new edition of its _Guidelines for Electronic Text Encoding
  and Interchange_, the _de facto_ international standard for the
  encoding of scholarly texts. Referred to as "P5 version 1.0", this
  new release thoroughly revises previous editions and adds many new
  features to assist scholars in their research. Among the changes
  are:

Also, I realize that the new facsimile markup could be thought of as
subsumed under new support for multimedia and graphics, but I think
it probably deserves a bullet point of its own.