[tei-council] how to release errata, versions etc

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 6 05:57:01 EST 2007

One thing we can discuss now is how and when to make
a text-correction release. We will, obviously, have typos reported
to us over the next month or two; and I will certainly have
more translations to go in (more Japanese and Italian
came today).

However, we should probably be much more circumspect
about schema changes (even Birnbaum-compliant ones),
such as adding the @who attribute to <quote> which Zamir
asked for.

How about this for a plan:

  a) we start a new branch of the source, preparing for release 1.1.
      this will contain schema extensions and fixes. release date
      undefined.

   b) we commit text-correction and translation fixes to the main
      trunk now, and prepare to release that as 1.0.1 at the same time
      as we produce PDF (ie roughly 1st January 2008).

I am proposing that we start thinking about this as "P5 release 1.0",
"P5 release 1.0.1" etc. so "P5" is the name of the deliverable, not
the version number.