[tei-council] council meeting 2008: Ireland?

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 5 12:28:14 EST 2007

John A. Walsh wrote:
> Arianna,
>
> This sounds like a great idea to me.  And if we can count on a non-
> council member to arrange logistics, that frees up time for all of
> the council members to focus on council work.

I agree entirely. A great idea! And not just because the food in Galway
is probably nicer than College Park...

> I'm really sorry I wasn't at the members meeting.  As some of you
> know, I was recently divorced, and my schedule with my two young
> children made it impossible for me to attend.   I was very sad not to
> be at the launch.

John, your company was missed.

> By the way, for those of us who weren't at the meeting, who are the
> new council members?  And board members?

I think Christian and/or Dan OD is about to post a message on this
subject : I will steal their thunder by confirming that the new members
of council are

    * Gabriel Bodard (King's College London)
      <http://www.tei-c.org/Membership/Meetings/2007-Maryland/mm40.xml#GB>
      Home page <http://www.skeptron.uu.se/broady/dl/>
    * Peter Boot (Huygens Institute, The Hague, The Netherlands)
      <http://www.tei-c.org/Membership/Meetings/2007-Maryland/mm40.xml#PB>
    * Elena Pierazzo (King's College London)
      <http://www.tei-c.org/Membership/Meetings/2007-Maryland/mm40.xml#EP>
    * Paul Schaffner (U Michigan)
      <http://www.tei-c.org/Membership/Meetings/2007-Maryland/mm40.xml#PS>
    * David Sewell (U Virginia)
      <http://www.tei-c.org/Membership/Meetings/2007-Maryland/mm40.xml#DS>
    * Manfred Thaller (Max-Planck-Institut for History, Göttingen)
      <http://www.tei-c.org/Membership/Meetings/2007-Maryland/mm40.xml#MT>