[tei-council] council meeting 2008: Ireland?

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Nov 5 12:14:04 EST 2007

Dear all,

it was nice to see those of you who were in Maryland and witness the
launch. It was a bit like finishing a PhD...you really look forward the
end and when it comes, a sense of emptiness overcomes the relief.

So to fill the void, I have an announcement to make. While discussing
informally the date and venue of the next council meeting, Malte
Rehbein, Marie Curie Research Fellow at the Moore Institute of National
University of Ireland in Galway
(http://www.nuigalway.ie/mooreinstitute/), proposed to host the meeting
at his institution.

I think this could be a good venue for the vicinity to the residence of
the new council members, for keeping up the tradition of a workshop with
local projects and, given the excellence of the institute and its
involvement in promoting transfer of expertise in technologies of
editing, to start tackling the issues of education and dissemination
addressed by the keynote speakers in MD.

However, first of all, Malte is not a council member and I don't know
whether this could be an issue. I also realise it may be early to talk
about the next meeting, but I'd like to know what others think and
whether there are other proposed venues to consider.

Conal, Dot, David, Matthew, Laurent: sorry you won't be with us then.

Arianna

--
Dr Arianna Ciula
Research Associate