[tei-council] testing

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sun Oct 28 17:29:22 EST 2007

> since you do this more than me, tell
> me exactly what you would type....
> eg what about naming conventions
> for tags, etc?

Oh, sure. I'm really experienced. I've done this at least three
times. And twice it even worked!

Seriously, I've just created the P5_release_1.0/ directory for you,
so all you need to do is

  svn cp -m "create tag of P5 release 1.0"
      https://tei.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tei/trunk/P5
      https://tei.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tei/tags/P5_release_1.0/

  svn cp -m "create tag of P5 release 1.0"
      https://tei.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tei/trunk/Stylesheets
      https://tei.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tei/tags/P5_release_1.0/

and repeat for any other directories we'd like to tag. Could, of
course, just tag the whole thing in one go:

  svn cp -m "create tag of P5 release 1.0"
      https://tei.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tei/trunk
      https://tei.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tei/tags/P5_release_1.0/

which might not be a bad idea. It's a cheap operation. (No actual
copying takes place, just Subversion's internal links and data
stuff.) On the other hand, it doesn't gain us much, really. Once you
can ascertain which release number or time-stamp corresponds to a
tag, you could always access the data using that info.

Note that it will immediately commit. You won't have to -- or won't
have the opportunity to, depending on your point of view -- issue a
separate `svn HI`.