[tei-council] review of IM

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Oct 28 08:14:48 EST 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:

>> "The XSLT transformations behind the P5 Roma application are
>> not as sophisticated".
>>

> I'm happy to see this rewording in the section, but I'm a bit
> confused about the above statement: if there is no roma program, what
> is at [Sourceforge-tei]/trunk/Roma/roma.sh? (Which program I run
> to build P5 quite frequently.)

well, yes, technically its a program, but I think it is misleading
to call it the program behind the web application. The
web app and the roma.sh script are both simply wrappers
around the same transformations.

>> interesting. had not occurred to me to use <name> for that
>>

> I also think we should be using <name> for classes, macros,
> datatypes, etc.

I might agree. but not today.....

>>> * IMGS/p[8], rest of para: Why are we recommending this only for
>>>   DTDs? Just because it is hard for us to do for RELAX NG doesn't
>>>   mean we should not recommend ODD processors do this.
>>>
>> true.
>>

> OK, so here's a crack at a complete re-write:

that looks fine, better than my first
feeble stab
> Looks much better, thanks. I may create an image from my Mac soon,
> which looks even better. (Nicer typeface, better distinction between
> bold and roman, etc.)

no problemo