[tei-council] NH final but typos

Dan O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Sat Oct 27 20:30:10 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Just finished NH: As far as I am concerned it is now finished except for
any typos we found.

I carried out all council's wishes, except replacing the Pinsky
quotation with Lehrer: it turned out the Pinsky quote was a better
example for two things than the Lehrer, so I left it in. I also redid
the example: New York Hit and Run with an example that is probably less
idiomatic and hence clearer to non-native speakers of English. I also
provided a syntax diagram to make the distinction between the two
interpretations clear.

Finally, I substituted the Pinsky quotation for the "modified" passage
from Lehrer's Werner von Braun. The reasons were that Pinsky could be
used to show the feature without modification, the Lehrer example was
linguistically dodgy, IMO, and there were validation problems with it.

-dan
--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Chair, Text Encoding Initiative <http://www.tei-c.org/>