[tei-council] extraordinary rendition

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 26 13:01:28 EDT 2007

Thanks to the kind people at Schonefeld Airport who
left electricity running from a socket in departures,
I have been able to implement @rendition in my TEI to HTML
stylesheets.

In the rule

    <rendition xml:id="small" scheme="css">font-size: small;</rendition>

do we say that this should contain one property/value and one
property/value only?
in which case, is the ";" necessary? should I not be supplying that myself
in my XSL? it would make the stuff easier to implement in other languages,
possibly.

Secondly, I hope we realize that the effect
is sometimes to generate rather horrible HTML?
ie with inline @style attribute.
this _is_what is intended? I say this because I
cannot always generate a <style>
component at the top of the file to reference, because the
@rendition may point to a remote file, which
may not yield me a useful identifier.