[tei-council] Revised AB

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Oct 25 06:33:40 EDT 2007

My comments and spotted typos:

- "They are addressed to anyone who works with any kind of textual
resource in digital form." --> in the humanities? you stress this in
other sections but not at the beginning; may be it isn't necessary in
the first sentence, but around there at least.

- missing white space: "Text Encoding Initiative Consortium(TEI)"

- divers --> diverse? - according to OED: "[...] Obs. in this form since
c1700, and now expressed by DIVERSE"...I don't know though

- 'ill-defined' --> flexible? not entirely formally definable?

- "the TEI scheme is designed to facilitate both customization — by
reducing the scope of what markup is permitted in a given set of
documents — and modification by addition of new non-TEI markup. The
underlying mechanisms which support these aspects of the scheme are
introduced in chapter 1 The TEI Infrastructure, and detailed discussions
of their use provided in chapter 23 Using the TEI)." --> can something
be added here on extensibility of the guidelines? you mention the
community-based approach elsewhere, but I think it is important to state
that what are today modifications done to TEI in local projects can
concretely become TEI recommendations in the near future.

- "with an interchange format requires only 2n such mappings are needed"
--> take out 'requires'

- "problems of text documentation , [..] and syntax issues ." --> take
out two whitespace

- "(AB-eg-02)" --> what's this?

- "Moreover, as far as possible, new minor releases will be made only
for the purpose of adding new compatible features, or of correcting
errors in existing features." --> can something be added about the
documentation of these minor releases? where can people find what
changes have been made in a summary?

Thanks,
Arianna