[tei-council] MSG from Laurent about biblios

Christian Wittern cwittern at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 18:35:25 EDT 2007

James Cummings wrote:
> Laurent Romary wrote:

>>> Surely the point would be to list all the <org>s elsewhere in a <listOrg>
>>>
>>> and point to the information from the <affiliation>?
>>>

>> But we would also want to have it inside! The idea is to be able to send
>> a single self-contained biblStruct object from one place to another,
>> without having to rely on third-party/source information.
>>

> I suppose that makes sense, especially if you are talking about biblStructs
> as independent swappable units you might trade with other people (or
> resources).  I've nothing against the idea then.

Well, in the library world, they use authority files for this kind of
thing, they certainly should not clutter up individual records.  If you
need to send them around, all you need is a packaging routine that pulls
out the relevant authority records and sends them with the rest.
Fortunately, this is a 1.1 item, so for the moment we can just have a
trac ticket and decide the issue later.

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern