[tei-council] xsi:location

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 23 15:18:04 EDT 2007

I have successfully added the xsi:schemaLocation thing to DTDs;
however, when I add it to the RELAX NG schema, and thence to
the XSD generated by trang, it is illegal:

P5/Test/x.xsd:5:40: error: no-xsi: The {target namespace} of an
attribute declaration must not match
'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'.

So it is built into XSD processors that they recognize the
attribute, but it is illegal if you actually declare it.  Words
fail me, really.

So unless someone has a good idea how to get around this,
I can only do it for DTDs.

Note that the conversion from RNG to XSD is a black box
(trang) which we cannot easily touch.