[tei-council] MSG from Laurent about biblios

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 23 10:13:06 EDT 2007

This didnt get discussed during our call today, but should have been:

>> 1. Use of relatedItem
>> By definition relatedItem points to another bibliographical
>> description to with the current one may be linked. In particular,
>> it can be used to point to a volume from in which a paper has been
>> published. Still, it is not possible to add any biblScope
>> information in this case (cf. example below). Would it make sense
>> to change this?

This is the case where we want to say

<biblStruct>
  <!-- stuff about an article's first appearance -->
  <relatedItem>
     <!-- link to a journal or somewhere that reprints the article --
  </relatedItem>
</biblStruct>

The problem is that the content model of relatedItem is currently

model.biblLike|model.ptrLike

so that if you choose to put in a pointer to the journal etc. you cannot
qualify it with a biblScope.

The proposed solution is presumably to change the content model to

model.biblLike | (model.ptrLike, biblScope?)

since biblScope can already appear within members of model.biblLike

Anyone disagree with this proposal? I will make the change this evening
otherwise.