[tei-council] one for graphics fans

Conal Tuohy Conal.Tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Mon Oct 22 15:38:55 EDT 2007

I'm happy to do this, though I'm a bit unsure about the example.

I'd guess we'd have a facsimile element containing a zone and graphic, and 2 other zones representing the parts of the figure.

facsimile
   surface
      zone (container for graphic)
         graphic (same as in figure)
      zone (one of the areas to be highlighted)
      zone (the other area)

The figure itself could be linked to the zone[graphic] with @facs, and I guess the 2 other zones should be linked via @corresp to the chapters; does that sound right? Or is there a requirement for a <ptr/> which expresses some kind of actionable reference rather than a mere correspondence?

Con