[tei-council] comments on ST

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 18 16:48:02 EDT 2007

Lou Burnard wrote:

> I am still not happy about the names of the modules, myself. So will try
> to come up with a revision that takes this into account.

please, if you are going to rename modules,
do it NOW or not at all. There are just too many
places where they are potentially mentioned
which need finding. Especially if you changed
any of the main 4 - think, eg, of training material
now being written, hard-wired bits in Roma, u.s.w.

good or bad, I'd much rather you let them be
at this very late stage.

>>   Also, I thought we had agreed that the new rendition-pointer
>>   attribute would be named rendRef=, not rendition=.
>>

> I'm easy either way. What do other council members think (if there's
> anyone still reading this?)

I think that the time to change the name was
when it was first done and accepted by the council :-}

<whinge>
It's already pretty disturbing to see so many changes
proposed and/or made which go far far beyond copy-editing.

Whatever happened to the schema freeze we all agreed to?
</whinge>