[tei-council] ODDs in oXygen?

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Tue Oct 16 10:29:25 EDT 2007

> > keep it simple, I say. let Sorin pick up the standard
> > distribution as is (which is what he does, no?).

No, lately we've been going in circles -- SyncRO is picking up the
framekworks directory I create at
http://www.tei-c.org/Software/oxygen_frameworks_tei.tar.gz, which I
base on theirs, of course. Which was originally based on stuff you
did, Sebastian, I think. In any case, Sorin has asked that I create a
new one for 0.9 for a release of oXygen 8 beta this week.

Besides, now that
[oXygen]/frameworks/tei/xml/tei/stylesheet/tools/p4top5.xsl,
[oXygen]/frameworks/tei/xml/tei/css/tei.css, and
[oXygen]/frameworks/tei/xml/tei/css/tei_oxygen.css
are in the mix, we can't just drop a Debian /usr/share/xml/tei/
directory in there. And, IIRC, we have always trimmed that directory
quite significantly for oXygen at their request due to space.

> +1
> In fact, if you have the roma toolchain installed, it is quite
> trivial to run roma from within oXygen on the current file, by
> adding it as an external tool. I have had a "Roma" button, bound to
> Cmd-R in oXygen for years now.

Wow, cool. I like this idea.