[tei-council] naming files in Guidelines HTML

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Oct 13 05:03:01 EDT 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
> Well, this leads us to a potential namespace problem. We already have
> element (in which only case differentiates), or worse, a <CC>, <USE>,
> or <BIB>.

true (although the latter would break the rules).
> We could, of course, differentiate some other way:
> * change the name of chapter files to prose-CC.html, e.g.
> * move all the reference files to a ref/ sub-directory (essentially
>   changing "ref-" to "ref/" in the URL :-)
> * move all the chapter files to a prose/ sub-directory

The latter two make a mess, as it means references to CSS and image files
are more complicated (ie whether its a link to foo.css or ../foo.css)

dropping the ref- prefix, but adding a chapter-  prefix to the chapters
would work. but no point if nobody but me cares.