[tei-council] naming files in Guidelines HTML

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Fri Oct 12 21:26:48 EDT 2007

> Each class, macro and element in the TEI generates its own web
> page, called ref-$NAME.html, where $NAME is the @ident of the
> object. Why the "ref-"? should I change it so that "model.foo"
> generates "model.foo.html"? Many people know the current
> convention, but does that matter? would it not be cleaner to have a
> 1:1 relationship between @ident and output file name?

Well, this leads us to a potential namespace problem. We already have
element (in which only case differentiates), or worse, a <CC>, <USE>,
or <BIB>.

We could, of course, differentiate some other way:
* change the name of chapter files to prose-CC.html, e.g.
* move all the reference files to a ref/ sub-directory (essentially
  changing "ref-" to "ref/" in the URL :-)
* move all the chapter files to a prose/ sub-directory