[tei-council] ST done with for now: please read!

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 10 18:13:10 EDT 2007

For a change, this is reporting not what I have done, but what I haven't
done in ST, because I think time has now definitively run out.

-- I haven't renamed model.common as model.component
-- I haven't done the renamings for model.divTop and friends which I
posted about last week
-- I haven't sorted out the murky areas of overlapping classifications
in the Namesdates module
-- I haven't explained really how macros work and why they are useful
-- I haven't re-examined the need for all those datatypes
-- I haven't even  managed to make sure that every class gets
namechecked somewhere in the chapter where
 most of its members are defined (but have done quite a lot of them!)

But I have added quite a lot of prose to the discussion of how the class
system is supposed to work, and I hope made it a bit more accessible.

I am now going to move on to other chapters for a while. But I would
very much appreciate it if some, nay all, Council members were to read
this one in its current form and let me know of any serious
glitches/typos/incomprehensible patches. It's probably the most
important part of P5 to be sure we get right, since it affects
everything; along with the USE chapter it's also one of those which is
almost entirely new material that hasn't been read by anyone except its
author yet.