[tei-council] some formatting thoughts -- reference documentation

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Oct 7 14:21:38 EDT 2007

http://www.answers.com/topic/dv?cat=technology

> SF). But more importantly, I don't think that process of updating the
> formatting (and thus the release package) should be driven by
> updating the Guidelines to 1.1. I think it should be driven by
> whenever the formatting has improved.
well, there we disagree. "ready when its ready" is not in my vocabuary.....
>  (I don't know for sure what
> flexibility SF's versioning number system gives us, and almost don't
> care -- SF should not dictate our practice. But don't we have the
> possibility of more fine-grained releases? E.g., 1.0.1 for fixes to
> the Guidelines, 1.0.1.1 or 1.0.1_F2 for formatting improvements?)

Sure. We could make a .0.1 release with improved formatting.
But if so, lets agree on a timetable and roadmap.

In general, I feel the community be unimpressed
if we make releases every month, but I know thats
not a universal attitude.