[tei-council] entities delenda sunt?

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sun Oct 7 00:48:28 EDT 2007

> Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, of course, they are gaijin. I have
> hacked the text accordingly.

I'm not 100% sold on this use of <g>. I don't have any way to access
the Gavioli and Mansfield source, but were they really using
non-standard characters to indicate things like "lengthened
syllable", or rather were they using standard characters with
non-standard semantics? If the former, great -- gaiji to the rescue!
But if the latter, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with <g>. After all,
when I use "a" as a variable instead of an indefinite article I don't
use <g>, I use <code>.