[tei-council] Found in the Core chapter

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 5 06:46:34 EDT 2007

James Cummings wrote:
> Lou Burnard wrote:
>> used, as here, to represent simply the material omitted in the
>> abbreviated representation, or whether it should always represent the
>> whole string abbreviated as in the modern examples cited above.</p>"
>>
>> I think we have now agreed that using <expan> for "simply the material
>> omitted" is now heretical,
>> and propose to reword this passage accordingly, OK?
>
> I don't understand why you are asking?  Sounds self-evident to me.
> You've introduced <ex> (hurrah), so any mentions of using <expan> to do
> the same thing should be eradicated.
>
> -James

It has been. I only raised the issue because I felt that the Council
might like to know about more substantive changes/corrrections as they
arise. If they would rather not be bothered, I'll stop doing so. But
don't expect any sympathy if you come back 6 months later saying "why on
earth did you do that damnfool thing"!