[tei-council] vote on NH -- results

Dot Porter dporter at uky.edu
Wed Oct 3 21:04:56 EDT 2007

I did actually vote for A2, but it looks like that camp has it without
my vote anyway.

Dot

On 10/3/07, Christian Wittern <cwittern at gmail.com> wrote:
> Council members,
>
> here is the tally of the vote on NH:
>
> A Camp (preferences for A2 or a modified A2 have been voiced)
>
> Syd Bauman, Arianna Ciula, David Birnbaum, Tone Merete Bruvik, Matthew
> Driscoll, Christian Wittern, Conal Tuohy, James Cummings,
>
> B Camp
>
> Lou Burnard, Daniel O'Donnel, Sebastian Rahtz,
>
> undecided
>
> Dot Porter,  Laurent Romary,  John Walsh,
>

> Which is to say there are 8 votes in favor of keeping NH in some form for
> the 1.0 release. This is not too much, considering there are 14 members in
> the council, but some in the B camp did in fact also indicate support for
> A2, so I read this as the Council supporting the action outlined below.
>
> I would like to ask Syd if there are any pending changes he wants to
> implement.  After that, I would suggest to hand the chapter over to Dan to
> do a quick reshuffle and housecleaning, basically along the lines suggested
> in his A2 proposal, but with consideration of the discussion that followed.
> All this has to be done by Oct. 20.
>
> I realize it is playing with fire at this point, but I hope we have dealt
> with this in a way that causes the least disruption to the whole process.
>
> ALl the best,
>
> Christian
>

> --
>  Christian Wittern
>  Institute for Research in Humanities, Kyoto University
>  47 Higashiogura-cho, Kitashirakawa, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8265, JAPAN

Dot Porter, University of Kentucky
#####
Program Coordinator
Collaboratory for Research in Computing for Humanities
dporter at uky.edu          859-257-9549
#####
Editorial Assistant, REVEAL Project
Center for Visualization and Virtual Environments
porter at vis.uky.edu