[tei-council] model.headerPart query

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 3 05:04:10 EDT 2007

Yes, this is indeed the case, as Sebastian reminded me yesterday. But
it's not clear why the members of model.headerPart (encodingDesc and
profileDesc) *should* be allowed to repeat. Their components can
meaningfully repeat, but they are just containers. It would be better,
imho, to change the content model of teiHeader
from
   fileDesc, model.headerPart*, revisionDesc
   fileDesc, model.headerPart_sequenceOptionalRepeatable
(having added revisionDesc to the headerPart class)

This would have two downsides:
- breaks things for anyone who has already constructed a header with
multiple headerPart elements (but maybe that serves them right)
- means that any new headerPart elements will have to follow the
existing ones, so you can't rely on the revisionDesc being the last
thing in the header (are we bovvered?)

For the moment, I'm leaving this stone unturned though.