[tei-council] vote on NH

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 2 04:33:58 EDT 2007

Christian Wittern wrote:
> Dan O'Donnell wrote:
>
>> I like this as a minimal discussion, I'm just really worried about time!
>> I also like your suggestion about building in support for boundary
>> delimiters as part of the guidelines. It seems to me to be on par with
>> Conal and Dot's work on facsimiles.
>>
>> Is an approach perhaps to treat this like the physical bibliography. as
>> a module that was simply not ready for the release but is clearly
>> coming? We've only got 30 days and I think this might be some big work.
>>

> The difference to the PB stuff is that that was a project to add new
> stuff to the GL, which simply did not make the deadline.  NH, on the
> other hand has been in the GL for more than a decade and is an integral
> part, referenced from many places.  So I think we really should rather
> try to get a minimal fix in 1.0 rather than just withold it.
>
> Christian

Sorry Christian, but this is factually incorrect.

 NH in its present form has NOT been in the GL for more than a decade.
As I said in my posting yesterday, the present version is a complete
rewrite of the original chapter  which has only this week been presented
for consideration as a new material.

Another strategy might of course be to revisit the original version of
this chapter (in P4). whip out all the stuff about concur, and see
what's left. It's a moot point whether this would be more or less time
consuming or productive than the other options now being proposed.