[tei-council] vote on NH

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 2 04:12:19 EDT 2007

David J Birnbaum wrote:
> Like Syd, I think that a failure to address overlap in 5.0 would be very
> unfortunate. It's an important topic, many people will have to deal with
> it one way or the other, and since we're in the business of providing
> guidelines, this seems like a place where guidance is particularly
> needed.
Yes, we are in the business of providing guidelines,
but we are also in the business of being magisterial
and positive in our primary publication. Parts of NH
are a summary of ideas floating around a research
community, not widely agreed or implemented,
and should be presented in that way, not
as part of our flagship.  I am with Dan, put them
out as a TEI white paper (how many metaphors can I
fit in), run it up the flagpole, and see who salutes.