[tei-council] vote on NH

David J Birnbaum djbpitt+tei at pitt.edu
Mon Oct 1 19:57:59 EDT 2007

Dear Council,

Like Syd, I think that a failure to address overlap in 5.0 would be very
unfortunate. It's an important topic, many people will have to deal with
it one way or the other, and since we're in the business of providing
guidelines, this seems like a place where guidance is particularly
needed. I don't have a strong preference among the A options; I fear
that it would be a mistake to attempt something more ambitious than the
available time might permit (A1 is the safest course in this case), but
I'd like to see the issues addressed in some form in 5.0 (A2 or A3, if
we have the time and manpower to do a respectable job).

Best,

David