[tei-council] vote on NH

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Mon Oct 1 19:09:34 EDT 2007

I don't know if my vote counts or not, but I am definitely and
strongly in favor of A. I think it is important that NH be included
in P5 1.0. As I've said before, you can't have Guidelines for
encoding extant texts with XML that don't address overlap.

While I think either suggested re-arrangement would be an
improvement, I do not think it is at all essential that the
re-arrangement occur before 1.0. If Lou has time, great. If not, it
is not a show-stopper, it can be done later. In either case, I think
A2 might be the somewhat better starting point.

Whether the chapter gets its re-arrangement before or after 1.0, what
we really should be doing for 1.1, IMHO, is to

* have NH generate a module that includes at a minimum
  next=, prev=, and part=

* address what bits belong in SA, and what belongs in NH

* commit to supporting one form (or at most two forms) of segment
  boundary delimiters in at least a limited fashion -- this may well
  require work in TD to match

* include a section discussing that the use of milestones (<pb>,
  a particular kind of overlap