[tei-council] vote on NH

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 1 11:51:39 EDT 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
> First, I don't actually think of this as a trivial formatting
> question. It goes right to the heart of what a TEI Conformant
> document and what a TEI Extension is, and I think that if CF has
> strict rules about what is conformant and how TEI is extended, the
> examples in the Guidelines should follow them.

True, but  the use you've made of those recommendations breaks our
current tool set. Clearly we have a problem with our tool set that needs
fixing, but I stand by my assertion that it is more urgent for you to
get the content of this chapter right than fiddle around with the toolset.

In addition, I've
> already implemented Council's request from the last conference call,
> That is there is now a running English example that parallels the
> German and Italian. Lots of other fixes & improvements, too.

That's nice to know, but changes not checked in were not visible to me
when I made the observation. Since then I've downloaded your XML source
and will check it in as soon as I can do so without breaking things.

>> If you're not going to make any more changes though, should I
>> assume that the chapter is now finally with me for review?
>
> Indeed, my deadline was yesterday.

So that's a "yes"?