[tei-council] vote on NH

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 1 05:14:08 EDT 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:
> Well, then. I have to say I'm a little less inclined to spend the
> rest of my night working on this chapter if it might be summarily
> voted out.
>
> I had not yet gotten to considering whether any of the suggestions
> Sebastian & Dan made in the posts Christian mentions could be gotten
> to tonight, but I think that's a moot point now.
>
> I've tried to change the examples, as Sebastian suggested, to use
> elements from another namespace, so they can be within <egXML> and
> thus both be validated and be pretty color styled in the output.

It's rather a shame in my opinion that you gave this trivial formatting
question a higher priority than trying to address any of the substantive
concerns that have been raised by two council members about the content
of the chapter, not to mention implementing the comparatively simple
suggestions for change requested by council when the chapter was last
discussed.

If you're not going to make any more changes though, should I assume
that the chapter is now finally with me for review?

I am currently rather obsessed by tidying up ST, which is in need of a
lot of checking. After that, I think SA is in need of a lot of work. I
may  be able to get to this chapter after that if Council votes in
favour of retaining it in some shape or form, but I wouldn't like to
promise anything, especially because there is still a lot of work to do
proof reading and tidying up after whatever comments are still coming in
from other readers.