[tei-council] how to sort a bibliography

Daniel O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Sun Sep 30 20:39:36 EDT 2007

Not always. Sometimes there really won't be an author listed. You can
supply a corporate author sometimes, but other times even that won't
work. Here were the first three from my Cædmon bibliography:

Catalogus codicum manuscriptorum Bibliothecae regiae. 1739-1944. Paris.

Catalogue général des manuscrits des bibliothèques publiques de France,
Départements V. 1885-. Paris: E. Plon.

The book of common prayer. 1997. Toronto: Anglican Book Centre.

In cases  where there really is no author or suppliable author, I
believe the usual approach is to put them before a- and sort by title
(looking at this now, I probably should have put the Book of common
prayer before the two catalogues).

-dan

--
Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Department Chair and Associate Professor of English

Department of English
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge AB T1K 3M4
Vox +1 403 329-2377