[tei-council] NH

Syd Bauman Syd_Bauman at Brown.edu
Sun Sep 30 10:54:36 EDT 2007

> it isn't used elsewhere, but better to keep it pure. So I'd suggest
> you extend the content model of <egXML> in p5odds-ex.odd.

OK. Just trying to wrap my head around this. From p5odds-ex.odd we
create the schemas p5examples.rnc and p5examples.rng. These are only
used by
   p5nrl.xml
   p5.nvdl
(why the naming discrepancy?) Note that of those, only p5.nvdl is
used in our validation process.

So if I update p5odds-ex.odd to allow new elements in <egXML>,

1) those elements will still trigger errors when we validate against
   p5odds.rn[gc]

2) the errors, if any, from NVDL will be buried in the 3700+ lines of
   (hopefully spurious) error messages it is spewing out currently

right?