[tei-council] NH

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Sep 30 06:26:13 EDT 2007

Syd Bauman wrote:

> the P5/p5odds-ex.odd file, then, wouldn't it? Of course the content
> model for <egXML> is based on something that is generated in
> Exemplars/ by the Exemplars/Makefile (which I have to admit, I've
> never understood). If I were to expand the content of <egXML>, would
> I do that by changing the <content> in P5/p5odds-ex.odd, or by adding
> a <ref> directly to Utilities/makeexnames.xsl? (The former seems much
> better from a design standpoint, but I don't know that
> Exemplars/exnames.xml isn't used elsewhere, too.)

it isn't used elsewhere, but better to keep it pure. So I'd suggest you
extend
the content model of <egXML> in p5odds-ex.odd.

> Yes, at this point it is. I plan to reintroduce my suggestion for an
> attribute which distinguishes between valid, invalid, or no claim
> (and, in addition, ill-formed for <eg>, but not <egXML>) at some
> point for 1.1. It may be appropriate to expand that idea to include
> against what schema validity is claimed.

That sounds sensible, both to do it, and not to try and work it out now.
At the
same time, it would be a chance to look again at that issue of how to
give examples titles and notes and so on.