[tei-council] NH

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Sep 29 13:02:41 EDT 2007

I suspect that we have been round this mulberry bush several times,
but one solution would be to merge parts of NH into SA, and
tell a pure TEI story there.

Maybe some of the more theoretical
bits could be merged into SG (intro to XML); leaving open the
possibility of more traditional Guidelines material being
added to SA at 5.1 implementing the results of what
Syd and Lou were talking about just now.

Syd is quite right to want to write Guidelines Discussing How
to Encode Real-Life Texts, rather than How To Just Use
The XML Implementation of the TEI, of course; so there
is that dilemma left.

Trouble is, anything which involves substantial
cutting and rearrangement is delicate work. Your
sort of suggestions, Dan (which seemed to be on the
plausible side of the net), would be a start.

But there are only 30-odd days to go....

(I am thinking of setting up a ticking clock somewhere. I wondered
about sending an email to TEI-L every time the number of days
before release is a prime number, so at
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/31_%28number%29>2 3 5 7 11 13 17 19 23 29
and 31 days before
1st November. Would that be fun, or what? Answers
on a postcard to Sad Of Oxford).