[tei-council] Pilcrows, bookmarks, and Links

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Sep 29 06:11:11 EDT 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Lou Burnard wrote:
>> (a) the pilcrow *is* the right icon
>>
> why? as Dan says, its a paragraph mark.

The pilcrow says "Hello, something starts here". You could also put one
at the beginning of a section, surely?
(cf previous remarks about implications of <pb/> for <lb/>)

>> (b) it should appear at the beginning of the heading rather than the end
>>
> hmm. not convinced.

Would look neater, and I think clearer as to its function.

>> Alternatively, how about a teensy version of the TEI logo?
>>
> that would imply a link to the TEI web site, no?

Which is what it would be, of course (at least, to a specific part of it)