[tei-council] pb, lb

Dan O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Wed Sep 26 14:06:20 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-26-09 at 12:30 +0200, Matthew James Driscoll wrote:
> I've always maintained that the "b" stood for "boundary", rather than
> "break" (an idea I believe I got from Lou originally), and insisted that
> they be put at the front of the thing in question -- don't make no sense
> otherwise.

I think the impetus to put them at the end comes from html:lb usage.

> Matthew

Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Chair, Text Encoding Initiative <http://www.tei-c.org/>
Director, Digital Medievalist Project <http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/>
Associate Professor and Chair of English
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge AB T1K 3M4
Vox: +1 403 329 2378
Fax: +1 403 382-7191