[tei-council] [layout proposal] bookmarking of subsection

Dan O'Donnell daniel.odonnell at uleth.ca
Wed Sep 26 13:57:30 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-26-09 at 11:14 -0400, Syd Bauman wrote:
> > > So I would like to see a little button "bookmark me" right next
> > > to a subsection that would allow me to do just this.
>
> I agree I would like an easy mechanism to find the link to the
> section I am looking at. (I'm not sure I like the "bookmark this
> section" button, but dunno.)
>

> > um. its been there for ages. its the pilcrow next to each heading
>
> If it's really been there for any significant amount of time, it is
> obviously not doing its job, since neither Christian nor I remembered
> it was there or knew it was there or what it did.

I never knew that either. Maybe a better icon or "link me!" in small
blinking letters right beside the capita? You can do that in Word I know
and there is always the blink tag for the html ;)

-dan

Daniel Paul O'Donnell, PhD
Chair, Text Encoding Initiative <http://www.tei-c.org/>
Director, Digital Medievalist Project <http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/>
Associate Professor and Chair of English
University of Lethbridge
Lethbridge AB T1K 3M4
Vox: +1 403 329 2378
Fax: +1 403 382-7191