[tei-council] pb, lb

Christian Wittern cwittern at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 08:00:02 EDT 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Matthew James Driscoll wrote:
>
>> I've always maintained that the "b" stood for "boundary", rather than
>> "break" (an idea I believe I got from Lou originally), and insisted that
>> they be put at the front of the thing in question -- don't make no sense
>> otherwise.
>>

> if "b" is  (eg) "boundary between two pages" then
> it makes sense at either end.

Just for the record, I am all in favor of changing the gloss for pb, lb
and cb to  * beginning.  If we ever want to do this, we do it better
now.  Since it does not involve changes to the Schemas (except maybe to
the popup part of the documentation), I think it would be still
allowable.  OTOH, we might have more pressing problems...

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern