[tei-council] more facsimile test

Conal Tuohy conal.tuohy at vuw.ac.nz
Wed Sep 26 01:47:56 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 20:24 +0100, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> It would be interesting to make an example with a
> bit of text describing some people, and a photo
> of a group scene next to it; then hovering over the names
> could highlight the relevant part of the picture.
> My example is not actually useful (since the stone
> is rather readable and explicit....)
>
> If any of you have data as described above,
> it would be pretty quick to make the demo.

How about this?

It's well out of (c) and is visually quite striking IMHO

http://www.nzetc.org/tm/scholarly/Cow02NewZ-fig-Cow02NewZ067a.html

(the artist, Gustavus Von Tempsky, was a famous mercenary who fought for
the Crown during the NZ wars)

There are 4 identified figures, and also the volcano "Mount Egmont"
a.k.a. Taranaki.

--
Conal Tuohy
New Zealand Electronic Text Centre