[tei-council] pb, lb

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 25 14:34:09 EDT 2007

Dan O'Donnell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is probably silly, but I've been teaching a student research
> assistant P5 and the issue came up.
>
> Was there not discussion some time ago of changing the name of pb and lb
> from page break and line break to page begin and line begin?

No discussion about changing the name of the element sfaik. But
agreement to clarify that th "b" should be understood as implying you
put the thing at the "beginning"
>  The
> preferred convention is to put milestones at the beginnings of spans
> they involve (e.g. handShift), right?

krekt. " By convention, pb/
<http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/P5/Guidelines-web/en/html/ref-pb.html>
elements should appear at the start of the page to which they refer." is
what it says in the Good Book.