[tei-council] new formatting of web version of Guidelines

Arianna Ciula arianna.ciula at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 25 05:42:34 EDT 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Arianna Ciula wrote:
>>
>>> I have not done anything about this; I sort of agree, but I can't
>>> face the Javascript hacking todat
>>
>> I can provide it if you want.
> yes please! if you can hack that HTML page by hand to do what you want,
> I can then retrofit it to the XSL

I have put it here:
http://staff.cch.kcl.ac.uk/~aciula/tei-c/test-output/index-toc.html

and you can get the zipped folder from here
http://staff.cch.kcl.ac.uk/~aciula/tei-c/test-output/

Basically I have just added a snippet of java script in your
index-toc.html, called an additional small css (expand.css which you
could include in your guidelines.css), added the images for the button
in the same folder and edited the html with the appropriate classes, id
(id of the chapter plus additional 'ex') and script functions.

>> I had also said that the font of everything should be smaller in my
>> opinion...but may be no everybody agrees.
>>
> we don't make any global claim about font-size at all. should we? isnt
> it better left up the client?

Well yes, but I think it would look better if a bit smaller by default
and with less bright colours, but I don't want to seem fussy.

By the way, I am sure you are aware that both links to PDF and single
HTML don't work at http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/html/
Also, I don't think people need to know that the table of contents
heading links to individual HTML files.

Arianna
--
Dr Arianna Ciula