[tei-council] Comments on "Documentation Elements"

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Sep 23 18:36:19 EDT 2007

Laurent Romary wrote:
> [I read the HTML version under
> http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/P5/Guidelines-web/en/html/TD.html]
>
> Replace [for sake of simplifiation]:
> - "which are to be documented and also declared" by
> - "which are to be declared"
Done (sorry, just missed the release though!)

> I would move the presentation of <eg> to "Elements available TEI
> sentence should be adde to the paragraph "The <eg> element may be
> used...", i.e. "When an exemple is actually quoted from a source, the
> <cit> element should be referably used." And should not <eg> be also a
> member of model.qLike (since it is a specialized form of <q>).

I am not sure what you're suggesting. It sounds as if you think <eg>
should be included in the core module, rather than just the tagdocs
module: is that so? You may be right, but this is quite a large change
to make now. It might be worth adding a sentence to the core module to
point out that there are special purpose elements for
quoting/documenting xml source, which are available from the tagdocs
module. But on balance I don't think it would be good to separate these
special purpose elements out from the other odd elements: you will
always need them together.

> Remove extraneous slash in the specDesc of specDesc (bug?)
>
> Same bug with the speDesc's of specGrpRef and attRef

This is a formatting matter: one of James' or Sebastian's bright ideas
which seems to have confused several people...