[tei-council] stemma codicum in GD

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sun Sep 23 13:29:53 EDT 2007

I've now done my best to add a section on using <eLeaf> to represent a
stemma codicum into chapter GD. I stole (but mangled) some of David's
elegant prose, and all of his example; I also tried to keep in step with
the subsequent discussion on this list at the beginning of this month.
However, as you will see, I have made a few changes as follows.
- I recommend using <eLeaf> for terminal nodes rather than <eTree>
- I recommend using <ptr> rather than either a new <contaminates>
element or the <relation> element.
Happy to defend these decisions if there is general consternation about
them, but they seem to make good sense to me.