[tei-council] co-ordinate - not.

Lou Burnard lou.burnard at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Sat Sep 22 13:19:40 EDT 2007

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> To be honest, I think having "co-ordinate" rather than
> "coordinate" makes us look a bit precious. It reminds
> me of Phil Taylor, in the TeX world, who can be
> relied upon to write "show" as "shew" in almost
> every message he writes.

Sigh. OK, I suppose it's progress of a kind if we're now at the stage of
correcting spelling of individual words.

I did a quick google search for style guides etc. and there does seem to
be some consensus that "co-ordinate" is a bit unpopular in these godless
days.

Bernard Shaw (no relation) used the spelling "shew" passim, but he did
it just to annoy people.